Product Design Courses in India
Nowadays products are the most important part of our life, our living spaces and our culture are depends on the various type of products and their structure. Designing a product is an art, it is the making of objects of useful worth to people. Function of any products is the main part that manages larger systems, and why so the responsibility of product designers is continuously rising as she/her realizes the better insinuations of products, and the interactions with users.
The Product Design Programs is specially design that provides the students to understand the variety of approaches, processes and mechanism to deal with human requirements by designing tangible products. In the various courses of product designing that the candidates study, the importance is on learning-by-doing (practically knowledge) and so that complete methods of designing a product is given to a candidate with producing, marketing a product and systems & services.
The syllabus comes in this Program make the students with the understandable concepts of various facts like design research, design ethnography, Ergonomics, Strength of Materials, Design Process, History of Design, sustainable design, Green Design and System Design. Product design courses in India is full with lots of career opportunity, it opened up numerous career options for the candidates. All the products, systems and services created by a professional product designer are used in homes, institutions, workplaces, places of leisure and outdoor spaces for public interface.
Career Scope after Product Design Course
After completing graduation or post graduation in product designing course candidate can works in various sectors such as consumer appliances, healthcare, transport, retail and packaging.
Other market segments for the Product Design discipline graduates
- B2C (Business to Commerce) – This is the organization that dealing with customer Durables, Automotives, Consumer Electronics, Personal Products.
- B2B (Business to Business) - Under this market dealing with infrastructure and facilities like Water treatment, waste treatment, thermal management, building Technologies are comes.
- SME - Small to Medium scale enterprises
- Design Studios
Instead of searching jobs one could also become Entrepreneurs by joining hands with the other graduates such as design disciplines or other professionals like engineering, marketing.
Degrees in Product Design Course
There are two degrees available in this course first is graduate degree and second is post graduate degree. After doing degree from product designing course or engineering candidates can also join post graduate program in Product design course.
Eligibility for GDPD (Graduation in Product Design):
For this program candidates have to complete their Higher Secondary or 10+2 or equivalents like AISSCE/ IB/ ISC during the academic year of admission. Eligible candidates can for GDPD by selecting one college or university for product design course.
Eligibility for PGDPD (Post Graduation in Product Design):
For this degree program, graduate in Design, Engineering, Technology or Architecture, OR Diploma in Design (under 10+2+4yr) candidates can apply.
- History of Industrial design
- Product technology, material and construction
- Elements of product design and human ergonomics
- Prototype making and 3D modeling with the help of software
- Product graphics, display & control design
- Techno aesthetics details and system design thinking
- Form semantics & package design
- Production, planning & industrial organization
- Design sustainability and interaction design
- Industry internship and design management
Students that want to do this course must recognize ergonomics, material, 3D design, branding, marketing, manufacturing process, lifestyles, trends etc. The products can be from business such as designing sanitary wares, ceramic design work, light fittings, decorative porcelain, material for electrical, pottery and other industries.
Program Contents for PGDPD
- Creativity & Innovation
- Advanced Materials and Manufacturing Processes
- GD&T and 3D CAD
- Elements of Design - I
- Media Investigation & Communication
- New Product Development
- Elasticity, Plasticity and Finite Element Analysis
- Design for Manufacture & Assembly
- Elements of Design - II
- Human Factors in Product Design
- Studies in Form
- Product Design
- Group Project
- Seminar - I
- Systematic Innovation
- Detailed Design and Industrial Case Study
- CAE and Rapid Prototyping
- Design Management
- Design of Experiments, Reliability Engineering and Optimization Techniques
- Seminar - II
Equipments used for this program are:
- Rapid prototyping machine
- 3D digitizer
- CNC machines for turning, milling, spark and wire erosion
- Conventional workshop machines like lathe, drilling machine and milling machine
- Injection molding machine
- Power press for stamping
- General Metrology equipment
- Special software for industrial design
Click Here To Get Answer