Mechanical Engineering Courses in India
Mechanical engineering is a branch of engineering that applies the principles of physics and materials science for analyzing, designing, manufacturing, and maintaining mechanical systems. It involves the production and usage of heat and mechanical power for the design, production, and operation of machines and tools. It is one of the oldest and broadest engineering disciplines.
This field requires an understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, materials science, structural analysis, and electricity. Mechanical engineers use these core principles along with tools like computer-aided engineering and product lifecycle management to design and analyze manufacturing plants, industrial equipment and machinery, heating and cooling systems, transport systems, aircraft, watercraft, robotics, weapons, medical devices, and others.
For admission in bachelor degree in Mechanical engineering candidates must possess a higher secondary school certificate (10+2) examination with Physics, maths and chemistry. For IITs it is necessary to qualify in Joint Entrance Examination (J.E.E) and the duration of this course is up to 4 years.
To pursue the master degree course in Mechanical engineering students must possess bachelor degree in (B.E/B.Tech) or any other equivalent degree of engineering. The course duration is of this course 2 years.
Eligibility for Diploma Courses: -
To pursue diploma course in Mechanical engineering, candidates must possess a 10+2 pass certificate in science stream from a recognized board.
List of Courses: -
- Certificate in Mechanic of four Wheeler
- Diploma in Mechatronics
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical & Automation Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Mechatronics
- Master of Technology in Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Tool Design
- Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering
List of best Mechanical Engineering Colleges in India
Click Here To Get Answer