Food Technology Courses in India
Food Technology is an application of food science to the selection, distribution, packaging, nutritious and wholesome food. It teaches combinations of skills in food technology, marketing and management. Food Technologists study physical, microbiological and chemical makeup of food. Food technologists may develop ways to preserve, package or store food according to industry or governments rules & regulations. It is a science which deals with the techniques of preserving food. It helps to reduce the toxins in the food product. Today modern food processing technique is the major key of the supermarkets. Some of the technique includes drying, freeze drying, artificial colorants and preservatives. In India this industry is gaining momentum in food industry which includes cakes, biscuits, bread, soft drinks, pasta, pastries, mineral and packaged water etc.
For admission in bachelor degree in Food technology candidates must possess a higher secondary school certificate (10+2) examination with biology, maths and chemistry. For IITs it is necessary to qualify in Joint Entrance Examination (J.E.E) and the duration of the course is up to 4 years.
To pursue the master degree course in Food Technology students must possess bachelor degree in (B.E/B.Tech) or any other equivalent degree of engineering. The course duration is of 2 years
Eligibility for Diploma Courses: -
To pursue diploma course in Food Technology, candidates must possess a 10+2 pass certificate in science stream from a recognized board.
List of Courses: -
- Diploma in Food Science Technology
- Diploma in Food Science, Preservation and Management
- Diploma Course in Food Analysis and Quality Assurance
- Bachelor of Science in Food Preservation
- Bachelor of Technology in Food Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (after Bachelor of Science.) in Food Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Food Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science
- Bachelor of Science in Food and Nutrition
- Master of Science in Food and Fermentation Technology and Food Science
- Master of Science in Food and Nutrition
- Master of Science in Food Science
- Master of Science in Food Technology
Click Here To Get Answer