Prime minister research fellowship program is to invite application from BTech, MTech or MSc integrated students. The main objective of this scholarship is give an open chance to the meritorious students to pursue Ph.D. programs in science and technology stream from Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
Eligibility Criteria PMRF 2018 Exam:
Ministry of Human Resource Development, is been inviting aspirants to get admission in 18 broad disciplines of IIT or IISc.
- Those who all are currently studying final year BTech, MTech, integrated MSc from IISc/IITs/NITs/IISERs/IIITs are eligible to apply for this exam.
- Candidates who have already completed BTech, MTech, integrated MSc from IISc/IITs/NITs/IISERs/IIITs can also apply for it
- Admitted through JEE/UCEED, KVPY and SCB are also eligible.
- Candidate must have completed the course in the past 5 years is also eligible to apply.
How To Apply?
To apply online for the Prime Minister Research fellowship program, you must needs to check out the official website:
Shortlisted students will get the following benefits:
- In 1st-2nd Year: INR 70,000 per month
- In 3rd Year: INR 75,000 per month
- In 4th-5th Year: INR 80,000 per month
Along with that each winning candidate will get a research grant of INR 2 lakhs per annum. For 5 consecutive years candidate will get the complete benefits to cover the academic contingency expenses and travel expenses.
Candidate selection will be done solely done on the two stages of scrutiny:
- Short listing of application form by the Reviewers along with the written test or interview at the nodal institute.
- Candidate’s final selection is done by the Selection Committee as per the performance in the interview.
Application portal opens: 24th Feb 2018
Application closes: 31st March 2018
Shortlist: 30th April
Interviews date : May 2018
Final list of selected candidates will be declared at: 1st June 2018