Symbiosis International University (SIU), Pune has released notification for doctorate of philosophy(PhD) entrance exam acronym as SIU PhD entrance exam. This exam is basically conducted for providing admission to the Ph.D programme specialization in:
Computer Studies, Law, Communication and Design, Management, Health and Biomedical Sciences, Media, Humanities and Social Sciences, Engineering.
SIU PhD Program Categorization:
Admitted candidate of Ph.D. programs at SIU are categorized as follows:
In this category those candidate are counted down who will be able to give their complete time to carry out their research on the campus. After being selected for the Full-time Research Scholars candidate will get scholarship from the SIU Research Grant/UGC/ AICTE/any other sponsoring institute/ agency to cover research and living expenses.
Part-time category candidates are employed full-time at SIU and are allowed to pursue their PhD programme.
Eligibility Criteria For SIU PhD Entrance Exam
Aspirants looking to take admission for the PhD program must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Must have completed Master’s degree or equivalent with 55 % marks or equivalent CGPA. The passed degree is must be of an University recognized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU) in India. Those who come in SC/ST category will get a 5% relaxation in marks or equivalent.
- If the aspirants have a qualifying degree of any foreign university then the registration for PhD will be confirmed after deciding of equivalence by SIU.
- Must have completed MASTER’S or equivalent in relevant subjects with at least 55% marks. Also minimum 5 years of work experience in the area of interdisciplinary research is required.
- Candidate must have done M.Phil with 55% marks or equivalent grade/CGPA.
- Fellowship candidates of Chartered Accountants of India (CA) or Institute of Costs and Works of India (ICWA) or Company Secretary of India, CFA (USA) must have scored 55% marks at graduation level. Along with this 5 years of experience is required (it is only for Faculties of Law, Management and Humanities and Social Sciences).
- Foreign country candidates are required to pass IELTS with 6.5 score or IELA Test (Band 3) of Symbiosis ELTIS, an equivalent test for English language proficiency to apply for this SIU PhD entrance exam.
- Scheduled Castes – 15 %
- Differently Abled – 3%
- Scheduled Tribes – 7.5%
- International Students – 15%
- Kashmiri Migrants – 2 Seats
SIU PhD Exam Pattern
Entrance test for PhD program contains multiple choice questions (MCQ) of 75 marks. Total time duration allotted is 1 hour 30 minutes duration. Question are comprises of following sections:
Selection And Marks
- English Language Proficiency: 25
- Logical and Mental Ability: 25
- Research Aptitude: 25
Total Marks: 75
Qualifying candidates list is declared and uploaded on University Website www.siu.edu.in
Qualified candidates are shortlisted and called for personal interview in July by the PhD.
Candidates will get admission for the PhD Program on the basis of their performance in entrance test and personal interview.
Fellows of UGC / CSIR / ICMR or those who have already cleared NET/ SLET/GATE/ SET/JRF/M.Phil in the relevant discipline will be exempted from the entrance examination meanwhile the period of validity of the concerned test.
How To Apply:
The application form for SIU PhD entrance test can easily get from Symbiosis International University website www.siu.edu.in
Fee is paid by demand draft (DD) issued in favour of: Symbiosis Institute of Research and Innovation, payable at Pune.
Symbiosis PhD Application Dates 2018
Online registration and payments starts from: April 25th 2018.
Last date for form submission: June 10th 2018
Last date for demand draft submission is: June 15th 2018
Exam Date for PhD Entrance Test: June 26th 2018 (11.00 am to 12.30 pm)