NMIMS Mumbai has declared the admission for its 2 Year Full Time MBA Program, MBA HR and MBA Pharmaceutical Management at Mumbai Campus, PGDM program at Hyderabad Campus and PGDM program at Bengaluru Campus for the academic year 2017-19.
Entrance test will be taken for the above admissions. The entrance test will be through NMAT by GMAC. Admissions to the above programs are through entrance test – NMAT by GMAC.
About NMIMS University
- NMIMS University is running from last 35 years and it comes under top 10 B-schools in India.
- It has four campuses at Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Shirpur.
- Offer 11 constituent courses – Engineering, Management, Pharmacy, Architecture, Commerce, Economics, Law, Science, Liberal, Aviation, Arts and Distance Learning.
- Today, more than 450 full time faculty members and 12000 students are the part of NMIMS.
NMAT 2017 – Programmes & Seats
The courses for the MBA (Mumbai) and PGDM (Bengaluru/ Hyderabad) for the academic year start from June 2017.
Below find out the Programmes and their seat availability:
- 500 Seats for: MBA in Finance, Marketing, Information, Operations & Decision
- 60 Seats for: MBA in Pharmaceutical Management
- 60 Seats for: MBA in Human Resources
- 120 Seats for: PGDM (Hyderabad)
- 180 Seats for: PGDM (Bangaluru)
*In PGDM/MBA programmes of NMIMS, 30% of seats will be given to girls.
For MBA & MBA HR Courses
- Candidates must have bachelor’s degree (10+2+3/ 4)
- Minimum 50% marks in the first attempt from any recognized university.
For MBA Pharmaceutical Management Course
- Candidates must have bachelor’s degree (10+2+3/ 4) in Pharmacy, Medical doctors MBBS, Life Sciences, Science, BHMS, BAMS, BDS, B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Biotechnology from a UGC recognized university.
- Minimum 50% marks in average in the first attempt.
- Candidates with post graduate in Sociology, Psychology and Economics are also eligible to apply.
- Students with B.E in Bio-Tech, B.Tech and Bio Medical can also apply. The student must have completed the graduation during the specific time as per the respective university or Institution awarding the degree.
- Candidates who all are working in Pharmaceutical Companies for more than 2 years can also apply.
For PGDM Course – Bengaluru/ Hyderabad Campuses
- Candidates must have bachelor’s degree (10+2+3/ 4) in any discipline from UGC recognized University.
- Minimum 50% marks in average.
- Candidates must have completed the graduation during the specific time as per the respective university or Institution awarding the degree.
- Candidates appearing for the final exam of their bachelor’s degree can also apply for all the full time programs. Candidates have to show all the required documents, in original within given time period.
- Candidates who all have 2 or more years of post qualification work experience are also eligible for all full time programs.
Candidates those who have completed their graduation from a part time course or through distance learning, externally, correspondence courses, open school are not eligible to apply.
At the time of admission, candidate should have cleared all the semesters/ trimesters of the program. No exam of previous semester/trimester to the final semester/trimester examination be held subsequent to the final semester/trimester. No result of previous semester/trimester to the final semester/trimester examination be announced to the declaration of the result of the final semester/trimester examination.
Those candidates who have passed or appeared for graduation exam from the University where Grade Point Average is given, such candidates has to show in writing from the University concerned related to equivalent percentage for the CGPA/GPA obtained.
Note: It is the individual responsibility of the candidates to determine whether they have the necessary qualification for the admission at NMIMS.
NMAT 2017 Exam Pattern and Structure
The exam paper would be an objective types multiple choices. There will be no descriptive question.
Below find out the exam paper detail:
Total Question: 120 and Time Duration: 120 Minutes
- Language Skills – No of Questions 32, Time Allotted – 22 minutes.
- Quantitative Skills – No of Questions 48, Time Allotted – 60 minutes.
- Logical Reasoning – No of Questions 40, Time Allotted – 38 minutes.
Note: If candidate completes the one set of section before the allotted time, then the remaining time will not be added to the next set of section.
Also note that candidate can give re-test, if he/she is not satisfied by his/her NMAT by GMACTM score in the first attempt, by visiting NMAT.org and NMIMS (Deemed to-be-University) website. The candidates must have to login with given username and password.
The result of all the attempts of the candidates will be displayed on www.nmat.org.in and the shortlisting for the next round OF NMIMS admission process (CD/PI) will be declared on www.nmims.edu website.
Selection Process (CD & PI)
The selection of the candidates will be done on the merit of candidates’ score in the exam.
Note: Personal Interview and discussion of the selected candidates will be held in Mumbai, Hyderabad/Bengaluru (if needed).
For the candidates of CD/PI, they have to carry their NMAT by GMAC™ admit card. The result for the NMAT by GMAC will be declared on the www.nmat.org.in site.
NMAT-2017 Test Centres
The examination for NMAT by GMAC™ 2017 will be conducted at the following test centers:
- South – Bengaluru, Chennai, Kochi & Hyderabad
- North – Chandigarh, Delhi, Gurgaon, Jaipur, Lucknow & Noida
- East – Bhubaneswar, Guwahati Jamshedpur, Kolkata & Patna
- West – Ahmedabad, Baroda, Mumbai, Nagpur & Pune
- Central – Bhillai, Bhopal & Indore
Candidates are allowed to select the test center as per their location while scheduling their NMAT by GMAC™ exam.
The registration fee for MBA Full Time (Mumbai Campus) or PGDM (Hyderabad/Bengaluru) is Rs. 1100/-
The late registration for both MBA Full Time (Mumbai Campus) or PGDM (Hyderabad/Bengaluru) is Rs. 1500/-
How to Apply
The admission for the Full Time Courses mentioned above will be done through NMAT by GMAC™ exam. For more information related to all test, please visit – www.nmat.org.in. Also remember that candidates can apply for more than one courses and more than one campus.
Steps to Apply Online
Step 1: Visit www.nmat.org and register online and complete the registration online by filling form and paying the registration fee. Please note down your NMAT by GMAC registration number. It is important to complete the NMAT by GMAC test registration before you proceed further for the NMIMS application.
Step 2: Visit www.nmims.edu, enter your NMAT by GMAC registration number and complete the application process. If you do not have registration number then you will not be able to move further to fill up the NMIMS application form.
How to Pay Registration Fee: You can make the payment through Internet Banking, Debit Card or Credit Card.
GMAC will conduct online registration and will conduct NMAT by GMAC™ on behalf of NMIMS. So, you must visit www.nmims.edu website for registration.
For more details, please visit official website – www.nmims.edu
SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
- (Declared as Deemed-to-be University u/s 3 of the UGC Act, 1956),
- VL Mehta Road, V
- ile Parle (West),
- Tel 022-42355621,
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
- Website nmims.edu