Notifications for the Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam are announced for admission to BSc., MSc. and PhD program in the stream of science.
After clearing this entrance exam candidates can take admission to the following courses.
Academic Program Offered at CMI
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics and Computer Science (3 year course).
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics and Physics (3 year course).
- M.Sc. in Mathematics
- M.Sc. in Applications of Mathematics
- M.Sc. in Computer Science
- Ph.D. in Mathematics
- Ph.D. in Computer Science
- Ph.D. in Physics
Well Common entrance exam is taken for both the B.Sc. (Hons.) Program. You need to select your course at the time of filling of your form.
CMI Entrance Exam 2018 Eligibility criteria
BSc. (Hons) Mathematics and Computer Science & BSc. (Hons) Mathematics and Physics
- Candidates who have passed out or expected to pass the +2 exam from recognized university.
- Students those who perform exceptionally good performance in National Science Olympiads are not needed to write entrance exam at the discretion of the Admissions Committee.
MSc in Mathematics
Aspirants must have passed undergraduate degree on BA, BSc, BE, BTech. Etc. and must have Mathematics as compulsory subject.
MSc in Applications of Mathematics
Candidates must have passed undergraduate BA, BSc, BMath, BStat, BE, BTech etc. degree with maths as compulsory subject.
MSc in Computer Science
Candidates must have obtained their undergraduate BA, BSc, BMath, BStat, BE, BTech etc. degree keeping the mathematics as compulsory subject
PhD in Mathematics
- Must have done MSc. degree in Mathematics and students with bachelor’s degree in Engineering or science with strong research amptitude are also eligible to apply for this entrance exam.
PhD in Computer Science
- Candidates who have done BE, BTech, MSc., or MCA degree and student with bachelor’s degree in Science with good research amptitude.
PhD in Physics
- Must have passed MSc degree in Physics and students with bachelor’s degree in Physics or Engineering strong aptitude for research.
Entrance Examination Centers:
CMI Entrance examinations 2018 were conducted at centers in the following cities:
Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Allahabad, Calicut, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Kolkata, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Imphal, Indore, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Ranchi, Shillong, Silchar, Srinagar and Trivandrum.
For the selection in PDH programs candidate have to give interview at Chennai. Whereas for all others programs, interviews will be taken at the discretion of Admissions Committee.
Committee will also call the shortlisted candidates for an interview but the priority is given as per the academic record.
B.Sc. (Hons) students will get scholarship amount of Rs.4000/- per month. Additionally they will also get monthly scholarship of Rs.1000.
M.Sc. students will get a scholarship of Rs.6000/- per month
PhD students will be given scholarship amount of Rs.25000/- per month.
For more information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Apply:
Candidate can apply online or request a printed application form, either by post or person.
Application form for the entire programs will be available at: http://www.cmi.ac.in//admissions/
Candidates can either apply online or offline by taking out the printed copy of the online application form and submitting it through the post.
Application fee for undergraduate programmes is Rs. 750 which you can pay through DD or online card payment. While the application fee for postgraduate programme is Rs. 750 or Rs. 900 depending on the combination of program that you apply for.
Online Applications form will starts from: March 2018
Entrance Examination date: May 2018
For more details visit the institute website: www.cmi.ac.in