Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) Exam Details
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research offers an undergraduate and postgraduate medical course. In the year 1964 this medical college was upgraded as a regional centre and then named as Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research. It also supports research in various medical disciplines and runs a popular MBBS course. Taking admission in this institute is strictly based on performance during the medical entrance test and of course on merit basis. This medical entrance exam is conducted annually at all India level. Its alumni have excelled in various branches all over the world. It is one of the top five schools in medical school in India located in Pondicherry. It is a working hospital and provides low-cost medical facility to a large number of patients. It is under the control of Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), Ministry of health and family welfare similar medical institutes like AIIMS and more.
The duration of the course is 4 years 6 months followed by 1 year of compulsory rotatory internship.
The candidate must have completed the Higher/Secondary Examination or (10+2) through science stream including Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio - technology and English must have obtained minimum of 50% marks taken together in science subjects.
The Entrance exam contains multiple choice questions available only in English with four options among which only one is correct. There are 200 questions from Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, and Botany and English the candidates need to darken the correct circle among the four with the help of Ball-point pen. For correct answer one mark is awarded with no negative marking. For un-attempted questions no marks are awarded.
How to apply:
Application form is available online or in Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research campus. The admission fee for SC/ST category is Rs800/- while for general/OBC for Rs100/- plus the transaction charges. Payment can be done through Challan from any branch of State Bank of India.
Click Here To Get Answer
- VSURESET Exam Dates
- ST Xaviers College Mumbai announces the Entrance exam of BMS BMM 2015
- SVIMSPGET 2015 Exam Dates Notification
- Notification and important Dates for Sikkim Manipal University 2015
- National Insurance Co Administrative Officer (AO) Recruitment 2015
- KRLMPCA PG-CET 2015 Exam Dates
- Kerala Engineering Agriculture Medical Degree-2015
- Dr BR Ambedkar Open University Eligibility Test 2015
- West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) 2015 Notification
- Indian School of Mines Dhanbad announces Executive MBA admissions 2015-18
CUSAT CAT 2015 Exam Dates
- NCHMCT JEE 2015 Notification and Dates
- More ...