CESE - Combined Engineering Services Exam
Combined Engineering Services Examination known as CESE or IES is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) of India for recruitment of engineers to the four categories of Engineering Services namely:
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
To various posts in governmental organizations like:
- The Indian Railways
- Central Engineering Service
- Survey of India
- Engineering branches of Indian Ordnance Factories Service
- Military Engineer Services
- Indian Telecommunication Service
- Central Power Engineering Service
- Central Water Engineering Service
Eligibility:1. Educational Qualification
Candidates must possess a B.E degree or equivalent in the relevant branch. Those candidates who are yet to appear in the final examination of the B.E/B.Tech may also be allowed to appear in the Examination provisionally.2. Age Limits
A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and should not have exceed the age of 30 years on the 1st August, of the year he is taking the exam. No maximum age limit for SC/ST/MBC/DC/BC/BCM and destitute widows of all castes. Age relaxation up to 5 years is available for persons those who are affected by the ban order as per the orders of the Government.3. Nationality:
A candidate must be either:
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
A Tibetan refugee who came over to Indian before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
How to apply
Application can be obtained from the Post Offices on payment of Rs.30/- and Examination fees is Rs.75/-
Candidates can avail the application online through the Commission's website.
Candidates should enclose attested copies of all certificates along with the application form.
CESE Exam Syllabus
CESE Exam consists of question from the subjects of
- GK and
- Relevant Subjects of Engineering branch.
CESE Exam Pattern
CESE Exam comprising of two types of paper and Personality test carrying a maximum of 200 marks. Candidates who qualify in the written examination are called for the second stage of the selection process.Personality Test /Interview (200 Marks)
Candidates who are short listed in the Written Examination are required to appear for an Interview which carries maximum marks of 200.Medical Examination
Candidates selected in the Interview are required to undergo a medical examination conducted by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare before being appointed to the different positions as mentioned above.
CESE Contact Details:
Filled application form along with the enclosures should be sent to
The Controller of Examinations,
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission,
No.1, Greams Road,
Chennai - 600 006.
Click Here To Get Answer
- VSURESET Exam Dates
- ST Xaviers College Mumbai announces the Entrance exam of BMS BMM 2015
- SVIMSPGET 2015 Exam Dates Notification
- Notification and important Dates for Sikkim Manipal University 2015
- National Insurance Co Administrative Officer (AO) Recruitment 2015
- KRLMPCA PG-CET 2015 Exam Dates
- Kerala Engineering Agriculture Medical Degree-2015
- Dr BR Ambedkar Open University Eligibility Test 2015
- West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) 2015 Notification
- Indian School of Mines Dhanbad announces Executive MBA admissions 2015-18
CUSAT CAT 2015 Exam Dates
- NCHMCT JEE 2015 Notification and Dates
- More ...