GATE 2015 Exam Notification Dates - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2015
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination that principally tests a comprehensive understanding of several undergraduate subjects in Technology and Engineering. It is jointly conducted by the Indian Institute of Science and other seven IITs (IIT Delhi, IIT Mumbai, IIT Kanpur, IIT Chennai, IIT Roorkee, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kharagpur) on behalf of the Department of Higher Education, National Co-ordination Board (GATE), Ministry of Human Resource Development and Government of India. The gate score of a student reveal the relative performance level in a specific paper in the exam across several years.
What’s new in GATE 2015?
- Examination will be conducted via online Computer Based Test (CBT) for all 22 papers. Candidates have to give answers in numerical by using the virtual keypad.
- Biometric verification (Photographs and fingerprints) for selected candidates may be captured before exam start.
- GATE 2015 examination will be taken during forenoon and afternoon sessions on alternate weekends i.e, Saturday and Sunday. The exam will held between January 31, 2015 and February 14, 2015.
Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2015
The candidates of following categories are eligible for GATE:
- B.E./B.Tech/B.Arch/B.Pharma: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology / Architecture /Pharmacy (Post-Diploma /Post B.Sc/4 years after 10+2 / Post B.Sc / Post-Diploma) (Currently in the 4th year or already completed)
- M.Sc/M.A./MCA: Master’s degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics / Statistics/Computer applications or equivalent (Currently in the final year or already completed)
- M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after 10+2 or Diploma): Integrated Master’s degree programs or dual degree programs in Engineering/Technology (five year programme) (Currently in the 4th/5th year or already completed)
- M.E./M.Tech (Post B.Sc): Post-B.Sc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/ Technology (four year programme) (Currently in the 2nd/3rd/4th year or already completed)
- Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch): B.E./B.Tech equivalent examinations, of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India) (Completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses)
GATE 2015 Admit Card
1 - The Admit Card can only be downloaded from the zonal GATE websites from December 17, 2014
2 - GATE 2015 Admit Cards will NOT be sent by post/email
3 - The candidates have to bring a print-out of the downloaded Admit Card to the Test Center along with the original and valid photo identification (No photocopy / scanned copy/NOT expired).
4 - Please note that candidates have to give details of this ID proof while filling the online application. Candidates will NOT be permitted to take the test, if this original and valid photo identification is not presented. It may be noted that you would have specified one of the following IDs during the online application process: Driving License, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, College ID, Employee Identification Card, or a Notarized Affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address.
How to Apply for GATE 2015
All candidates have to apply only ONLINE. Candidates need to Register and Fill the GATE application form online only by accessing the zonal GATE websites of IISc and seven IITs. Application fee For GATE 2015 examination have to be made through online by selecting either SBI I-collect or Axis Bank I-Connect, or using any bank Debit/ATM Card, Credit Card, Net Banking and e-challan facilities only. Extra charges will be applicable as per the rule of the bank from where the money is being transferred. Details of the application fee are shown below. The application fee is non-refundable.
- Male Candidates (General/OBC) - Rs. 1500/-
- Women Candidates of any category - Rs. 750/-
- Other Candidates (General/OBC) - Rs. 1500/-
- SC / ST / PwD* Category Candidates - Rs. 750/-
* PwD: Person with a Physical Disability
GATE 2015 Important Dates
- GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens: September 01, 2014 (Monday)
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website: October 01, 2014 (Wednesday, 23.59 Hrs)
- Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of City via GOAPS login : November 21, 2014 (Friday)
- Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Interface for printing: December 17, 2014 (Wednesday)
- GATE 2015 Online Examination: 31st January, 1st, 07th, 08th and 14th February 2015 (Saturday and Sunday) Forenoon: 09.00 AM to 12.00 Noon
- Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website: March 12, 2015 (Thursday, 17.00 Hrs)
Afternoon: 02.00 PM to 05.00 PM
Admission NoticeU.N. Mehta Institute of Cardiology & Research Centre, Ahmedabad
National Power Training Institute, Haryana - MBA in Power Management Admission 2014
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Kolkata - MBA in International Business 2014
Kannur University, Kerala - B.Ed. 2014 Admission
Jadavpur University Kolkata Admission Notice 2014 for B.ed
- VSURESET Exam Dates
- ST Xaviers College Mumbai announces the Entrance exam of BMS BMM 2015
- SVIMSPGET 2015 Exam Dates Notification
- Notification and important Dates for Sikkim Manipal University 2015
- National Insurance Co Administrative Officer (AO) Recruitment 2015
- KRLMPCA PG-CET 2015 Exam Dates
- Kerala Engineering Agriculture Medical Degree-2015
- Dr BR Ambedkar Open University Eligibility Test 2015
- West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) 2015 Notification
- Indian School of Mines Dhanbad announces Executive MBA admissions 2015-18
CUSAT CAT 2015 Exam Dates
- NCHMCT JEE 2015 Notification and Dates
- More ...