What is Difference between CS and Law
There is lots of confusion when someone talked about company secretary (CS) & Law courses. This type of confusion always arise when two course look like same one such example is Company secretary & Law course. These two options are same in appearance but as you go deep you always found some difference.
You can easily compare and differentiate between Cs & Law in references with their course structure, pattern of examination, Duration of course, eligibility criteria, field of working, pay scale e.t.c.
Company secretary (CS):
CS always deals with corporate sector. Professionally he is an advisor of a company and deals with their legal matter. He is Tower of Strength of any corporate association. He works in dual role. Being legal advisor he also manage the company.
Role of Institute of company secretary of India (ICSI)
All CS examinations is conducted by ICSI.ICSI is regulatory body. It is constituted under the company Secretaries Act, 1980, for the development and regulation of the profession of CS in India. Under the Company Secretary Acts, 1980 The Institute of Company Secretaries of India under section 25 of the companies act, 1956.
Role of CS:
- To take an imperative decision on legal matters.
- To take finance and tax decision of organization.
- Single body which deals with exercise law, corporate low, Labor law e.t.c.
- May act as company's registrar.
- Connect the link between board of directors and shareholders.
Conditions of Eligibility:
- Who has passed 10 + 2 in any stream.
- Appearing candidates (about to appear 10 +2 examination) may also apply.
- Graduate or post-graduate in any stream except fine arts, are permitted to omit foundation course and allowed directly for next intermediate examination
- Passed out candidate of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India(ICAI) or Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India (ICWAI)
Center's of Institute in India:
The headquarters of the institute is situated at New Delhi. Presently four offices at Calcutta, Chennai, Delhi and Mumbai and in various cities- four regional councils and thirty-six Chapters of the institute endow with the infrastructure through which institute runs.
Patterns and Course details:
3 stage to pursue the CS course
- Foundation program: For 10 +2 passed student
- Executive Program : for graduate and Post graduate student of all streams. fine arts students are exempted.
- Professional program: after clearing executive exam
CS course is mishmash of optional coaching and postal tuition. At the time of admission study material is provided to the candidate. Examination is held after completion of the course across thirty six centers in all over India in the month of June and December.
Scope and job options
- Work in a reputed company with six to seven figure salaries and enjoy your life.
- After completion of course you can work with Govt. body like BPE
- Govt. authorized institute
- Govt. authorized finance institute and stock exchange
Law or BA (LLB. Hons)
In India Law is the one of the oldest profession with great demand. Lawyer is the legal advisor. Rather the company is small or large they need one advisor to solve their legal problems and fight legal battles.
Role of lawyer
Lawyer is always dealing with various subject of their specialization like Criminal law, civil law, corporate law, international law, labour law; real state law & patent law.ypu also work as advocate or advisor for any company.
- Candidate must qualified 10 + 2 or equivalent examination with 50% marks or
- 10 + 2 with 50% marks plus qualifying Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) examination with good percentage.
BBA (LLB. Hons) is a five year course sponsored by Bar Council of India (BCI). To get admitted in LLB you may must passed class 12 with minimum of 50 % marks to appear CLAT examination.
Scope for job
Starting with judicial services like criminal or civil lawyer is a excellent career option
You can also applying in :
- International law firms
- Indian law firms
Applying for work in:
- Corporate legal department
- L.P.O companies
- Also go for higher education in worlds NO. 1 universities
- After completion of your master degree you can also linked with teaching Profession.
- Emerging areas: you can also go for corporate law, Cyber Law, Environment & consumer Protection Law, IPR Law, Security law, tax Law, Real State Law.