Career Options For Commerce Student After Scoring between 50% to 60%
12th is over now and it high time to make a career plan friends. Those who are in Commerce stream you have a lot of scopes which are as follows:
• Bachelor of Commerce: B.Com studying students can take honours in accountancy, finance, business administration, economics, mathematics depending on the marks scored by them on the specialized subject. Commerce people can choose to go for teaching in schools, colleges, universities by completing their B.Ed after B.Com or completing their M.Com, and then Phd if they are interested to take a doctorate degree in commerce. You can also prepare for Ugc Net exam and different university level research tests too.
• Economist: To choose economics as a career you need to complete your undergraduate and postgraduate degrees under a recognized college, university. In this subject one has to score good marks since intermediate level. Economics deals with the laws of demand and supply, goods exchange, marketing. You can make your career in business in both private and public sector, finance, banking. One can prepare for the Union Public Service Commission examinations to make career at an officer level but age limit should not be more than 28 years . Also you can take up teaching as career after your postgraduation and PhD. Agriculture economics is another branch here, where you can deal with the crop prices, crop buying and selling, imports and exports. Bachelor and Master degrees are offered in Agriculture economics. Different career scopes here are Entrepreneurship and small and farm business management, Veterinary Management.
• Accounting and Charter Accountancy: To choose accounting as a career one has to complete his/ her undergraduate and postgraduate in finance and accounting. Some of the career scopes in this branch are Management consultancy, Corporate financing, Tax planners, Executive posts in companies, Staff accountant, Charter accountant, Internal auditor, Budget analyst, Company jobs, Bank manager. To be a charter accountant you have to be a member of the ICAI ( Institute of Charter Accountants of India). One can go for professional practice in both public and private sectors.
• Banking: Choosing banking as a career is very good as we all are connected with banks regarding money savings and also for loan purposes. Banks in both private and public sectors are available and in both the cases atleast you have to be a graduate. Selection is made through the Banking Service Recruitment Board. The bank exam paper covers the following syllabus:- Logical reasoning, Quantitative methods, General knowledge, English language and Description test. M.B.As and Charter Accountants get more scope in bank jobs at an officer level. Other posts are clerks, head clerks, banking executives ( home, personnal).
• Stock Exchange Services: Stock exchange services deals with the import, export business, investments plannings, share and capital markets. Stock brokers are the professionals who engage themselves in such fields. To be a stock broker you have to be very good in finance, accounts, economics, mathematics. Atleast 2 years of experience in stock broking firm is required in order to choose career as a stock broker.
• Management: To choose management as a career you can pursue your undergraduate courses in Bachelor Of Business Administration (B.B.A ) for three years and then Masters Of Business Administration (M.B.A ) for 2 years with specialization in finance, accounts, mathematics. Different management areas are Sales and Marketing management, Construction management, Hotel management, Hospital management, Production management, Industrial management. Nowadays M.B.A professionals find scopes in bank jobs, stock exchange services also. Different national level entrances are conducted like CAT, MAT and on qualifying in such exams one can take admissions in reknowned institutes of India like IIM Lucknow, IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Kolkata.
Others career lines are Fashion designing, Textile designing, Interior designing, Graphic designing; Journalism and Mass communication; Law degrees i.e L.L.B, L.L.M; Comsputer degrees, different 3D Animation courses; Also film making, photography, ad- films making, cinematography are some of the interesting courses that commerce students can opt for after their 12 th standard. Nowadays Distance and Vocational Education are also provided to students through which they can benefit themselves via online classes and exams.
Marks-wise Options for Students After Class 12
- Career Options For Science Students Scoring Between 50% and 60%
- Career Options For Commerce Students Scoring Between 50% and 60%
- Career Options For Science Students Scoring Between 60% and 80%
- Career Options For Commerce Students Scoring Between 60% and 80%
- Career Options For Commerce Students Scoring Above 80%